I was recently invited to the launch of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in Mumbai. Not having any exposure to the Android World, I was a little hesitant to go . But then I thought it would be a good opportunity to see one of the leading Tablets of the Market . And since Enterprise Mobility is one of my core focus areas , it made sense to go.
I will not spend much time in hardware specs as they are available on the Web. I will talk about what I saw and liked/disliked.
Some good features are:
· 10.1” screen which appears smaller than 10.1”
· Record and play in full HD
· Reading mode which adjusts the screen to surrounding light, etc.
· Create your own menu screen for pinning apps , videos , etc. Similar to the start screen of Windows Tablet
· Multi tasking
· S-pen functionality . This is touted as one of the USP’s of the Tablet . You can for eg. Write a phone number and directly update your commands. Or you can scribble address and search the Maps directly . Very responsive pen.
· Scrapbooker . This lets you collect info from variety of media like YouTube, webpage, etc. This is again similar to the OneNote App
· S- finder . This is a decent Search
· Comes with 3G and wifi
So in my opinion , it is a well designed Tablet with good specs. Well suited for Content consumption. However , I found very little which can convince me that it can also be very useful for Work and Content creation .
And for that the price of Rs. 49,900/= did seem to be a little too steep to me.
with warm regards
Microsoft MVP 2009
Microsoft Worldwide Partner of the Year 2011 & 2007
Post a Comment